PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Monday, August 15, 2011

Seeing Red with Lemonade and Cookies

Do you ever have one of those projects that just won't end? Well, this has been the one for me and I'm still not done! But I wanted to post something!!!

I don't think I can remember all the steps this project has taken. It's been one step forward and two steps back. The picture below shows the latest step back. I drilled a hole for the knob just slightly off...ugh! The good news is I'm very close and think it will be fabulous when it's done!


Here's a sneak peek at the fun knobs I picked up at Hobby Lobby.


And what's better to get one out of a bad mood than lemonade and cookies? My sister-in-law Mary Kay, the kids call her KK, came to visit this last weekend. The kids LOVE it when KK visits. She does all sorts of fun things with them. Whenever KK is here the kids rarely hear the word "NO".


So my son came up with the idea of having a lemonade stand on Saturday. Of course KK said "Yes". And then my daughter added the idea of a bake sale with the proceeds going to the ASPCA. I can't tell you how proud that made me!!!

On Friday the kids and Aunt KK headed to the store to get all the needed supplies. Once home they started baking. I'm not into baking but I LOVE baked goods. Luckily my daughter loves to bake. They made two different kinds of lemon cookies...why?...because KK just can't say "NO" :-) Then my daughter made the most amazing chocolate chip cookies. They were to die for!


It was a huge success! I'm sure it's because my daughter is also very good at marketing. She made up a flyer announcing the stand and stuffed them into the neighbors mailboxes...all before I even knew she did it!!!

Everyday my kids amaze me more and more! School starts on Friday and this year all 3 go! My youngest will be in preschool. I will not cry. I will not cry. I will not cry.

Have a great week!





No comments:

Post a Comment